Salute Your Shorts was a show on Nickelodeon. It took place at a summer camp. All the teens at the camp basically dealt with their camp life by making it more like real life. It took place at Camp Anawanna. The title comes from a running gag of replacing the camp flag with a pair of underpants.
- Donkeylips- a fat kid who is always looking for food
- Kevin "Ug" Lee- the camp counselor
- Dr. Kahn- the head camp counselor, never seen but always heard over the loudspeaker
- Budnick- the mischievious, bully member of the group. He was played by Danny Cooksey, who also voiced Stoop Kid in Hey Arnold! and Montana Max in Tiny Toon Adventures
- Pinsky- a short, wimpy kid
- Sponge- the nerd of the group
- Telly- an African American girl
- Mona- played by Christine Cavanaugh, who also voiced Chuckie Finster in Rugrats
The show is currently available for download to iTunes
- One episode mentions Madonna
- One episode is based upon the legendary film Citizen Kane.
- There are multiple references to Rosebud, the famous sled from the film
- One of the headlines printed in Pinsky's newspaper is "Dewey Defeats Truman", a reference to a newspaper printed in advance of the 1948 Presidential Election. It was to be released if Thomas Dewey defeated incumbent Harry Truman. When the copies were found, President Truman was photographed holding up the false headline. This picture has become iconic.
- Although depicted as a generic summer camp, the kids can earn merit badges as if it was a Boy Scout camp.
- One episode is entitled "They Call Me Ms. Tibbs", a play on They Call Me Mr. Tibbs!
- One episode is entitled "The Wrath of Kahn Jr.", a reference to the second Star Trek movie. The same episode has a situtation which features the Mission Impossible theme. It also features Crush brand sodas. Donkeylips and Telly argue over whether the Lakers or the Bulls are better.
- One episode is entitled "Cheesburgers in Paradise", a reference to Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffett
- Popular internet reviewer Nostalgia Critic reviewed Salute Your Shorts as part of his Nickcoms episode during his Nickelodeon Month. One thing he commented on was the popular episode Ghost Story, which centers around "Zeke the Plumber".